What do you think of when you see the flag above? What message do you think it sends?
Racism? Slavery? Hatred? White supremacy?
Now, what do you see when you look at the flag? What is actually on the flag?
The color Red? White? Blue? Thirteen stars?
Is that all? See anything else?
Look closer and take some time to actually think about what you are seeing. Examine every detail of the flag and it’s design, because the layout of the contents of this flag actually portrays the true message the flag is sending.
And for the record… neither the design nor the content have anything to do with racism, slavery, hatred or white supremacy… or anything worse!
All the COLOR could be removed from this flag, leaving just the outline of the details, and the true message the design is sending could still be determined by anyone with a basic knowledge of history and an ounce of common sense.
First of all, this flag is NOT the “Confederate Flag.” It is the “Battle Flag of Northern Virginia.” This design, however, is the one most synonymous with the term, and the one used in various forms on many of the other flags that were flown by the Confederate States. It is also the one most hated by those who are completely and totally ignorant of what it stands for.
So take another look at the flag and answer this very simple question : Do you see a big letter “X” anywhere on the flag? What if I were to lay that X down on its side like this? : Do you see it now? The X is formed by the big, blue bands which are outlined with white trim.
Now take another look at the flag. On this big “X” there are thirteen white stars. See them? Do you know what these thirteen stars represent? They represent the thirteen original, united colonies from which the United States began. Each one of these colonies had its own system of self government… until the start of ‘northern aggression’ when the northern states began trying to usurp authority over the southern states. This was the main cause of the Civil War.
Point of fact : The thirteen stars on this flag appear to lie on the blue X… but in reality, the X lies on the stars, allowing them to shine through.
Now, a simple question : Do you remember from your grade-school years how the teachers would sometimes ask you to circle the right answers or picture on a work page, or to put an X on a picture or word or other item that didn’t belong in a group? That is the same concept this flag is designed around; the stars are laid out in the pattern of an X, and the blue bands are put on the thirteen stars to show that the southern states no longer wanted to be a part of the union with the northern states. In simpler terms, the message of flag’s design is simply this… CROSS US OUT of your Union! The southern states withdrew from the union in a movement called “secession,” which led to the Civil War.
That is the only message this flag is sending!
That is all there is to it!
It is just that simple!
If this flag actually represented slavery, hatred, white supremacy, or something worse, as so many biased and uneducated people so foolishly believe, then it’s design would reflect that by incorporating images of those whom it stood against, and there would be a big X on their images.
But that is NOT what is on this flag!
And that is NOT the message this flag sends!
This flag is NOT racist! NEVER has been! NEVER will be!
And as I stated earlier, all that people need to have to be able to see and understand this obvious truth is a basic knowledge of history and an ounce of common sense!
- peace-love-me2 likes this
- hitodepop likes this
- keepmefallinglikethis reblogged this from rebeliciousdelight and added:
- godsaidlettherebecowgirlss reblogged this from rebeliciousdelight
- beautifulbattless likes this
- tomorrow-darling reblogged this from rebeliciousdelight
- willklueless reblogged this from rebeliciousdelight
- tryllvester reblogged this from thisshitisallracist
- tryllvester likes this
- devonaokifanclub likes this
- chewbaccaredneck reblogged this from rebeliciousdelight
- rbevel likes this
- haleighdean likes this
- political-interest reblogged this from thisshitisallracist and added:
- cherokeekala reblogged this from rebeliciousdelight and added:
- kleungg reblogged this from rebeliciousdelight
- seventeen-tracks likes this
- rebelchild1994 reblogged this from rebeliciousdelight
- onesmallgarden likes this
- keversonian reblogged this from thisshitisallracist
- ryansweeney666 reblogged this from rebeliciousdelight
- ithinkthechiefdudewasright likes this
- clemson98 reblogged this from let-your-country-hang-out
- kemetic-dreams likes this
- spikeghost reblogged this from thisshitisallracist
- bubblybobbles likes this
- asfadedasmyjeans reblogged this from thisshitisallracist and added:
- thisshitisallracist reblogged this from rebeliciousdelight
- courtneykole reblogged this from rebeliciousdelight
- depression-is-a-game reblogged this from backwoodsbeautyqueen12
- countrygirl24566 likes this
- beatsetting likes this
- heyyitsmadii reblogged this from rebeliciousdelight
- chevy2500hdprincess likes this
- rememberthattimeintheswirlyslide reblogged this from loseegoose
- smokiethebear420 reblogged this from rebeliciousdelight
- livinginthemoment94 reblogged this from whitetrashcountrypunk
- mfkopp likes this
- whitetrashcountrypunk reblogged this from thatdownhomekindacrazy
- james4450 likes this
- spencertheredneck101 likes this
- backwoodsprincess1234 likes this
- tessseeerrrs reblogged this from rebeliciousdelight
- kay-nicole728 likes this
- hicktownjuliet likes this
- meags93 reblogged this from camocountryboy
- old-alabama reblogged this from livininasouthernstateofmind
- remembertolovefearlessly reblogged this from camocountryboy